Skip to content
- Delete all the apps from everywhere, turn off all notifications, turn off twitter’s garbage emails. It’s time to utilize this service on your terms.
- Mute every single person you follow. Your main page will just be your tweets. You will check in on people by visiting their page. Going to their page is a positive affirmation of their value to you; cool.
- Set up a service to back up your tweets, like IFTTT or Pinboard. Now twitter doesn’t have a monopoly on your data.
- Set up a service (like tweetdelete.net) to auto-delete your tweets once they reach a certain age, say, one month. Now people can still get your contemporary thoughts without every thing you said being archived forever and used to construct a diabolical data double. You’ll spend less time formulating the ephemeral. After all, you should be out doing great things.
- Set up a one-way pipe to post your tweets, like buffer or IFTTT. Then check your replies every few days. This breaks the well documented addiction cycle.